Kevin with 7 Seconds, Photo: Mike Oswald
Kevin Seconds is a legend, plain and simple. I know Tim and I have wanted to get him on here in some capacity, but I didn't want to do just another interview with the guy. Since Kevin is still actively doing music, always has something to say, and is floating around on the web, I decided it would be great to have him as a regular here on DCXX if he was into it. Sure enough, Kev said he was game and we're psyched. So, I'm proud to announce what will hopefully be a weekly feature titled "Seven With Kevin" where we toss him seven quick random questions and see where it goes.
We're gonna fight the narrow minds!!! -Gordo DCXX
1. What's the last great song you heard?
Eddie & The Hot Rods' "Do Anything You Wanna Do", performed live by Ted Leo less than a week ago. Brilliant.
2. Reno in 2011: yay or nay?
Very much yay. I mean, not yay enough for me to move back there buy yay nonetheless.
3. Black Flag or Bad Brains?
4. How often do people write you asking you if you have any more copies of the YOT Can't Close My Eyes EP?
Not all too often, actually. I wish they would. I found a stash of them a few months ago and I could use a few extra bucks. (Ed. Note: I see Kevin getting at least a dozen emails upon giving this answer.)
5. All time favorite US city to play?
I'm going with Sacramento, my hometown. I can pick other people's cities. There are far too many to choose from.
6. Favorite thing about running your coffee shop, True Love, and will it re-open?
Favorite thing: being my own boss and helping make Sacramento a more interesting place to live in. If my wife Allyson and I re-open, it won't be any time soon.
7. 7 Seconds song lyrics that still resonate the most with you?
Probably Regress, No Way.
Kevin with 7 Seconds at City Gardens, Photo: Ken Salerno
Monday, February 28, 2011
Posted by DOUBLE CROSS at 11:36 PM