Thursday, September 24, 2009

Steve Risteen - Slap Shot


Steve Risteen with Slap Shot at The Rat, Boston Mass, Photo: Cybele Parsignault

There are so many great show memories, it is hard to pick one. But, a stand out would be one of the many times we played with the Bad Brains and I kept having a guitar problems, I think it was the amp. I turn to try and fix it and Dr. Know was already on it. Yes, Dr. Know of the Bad Brains was my roadie for a few minutes. That was cool.



Choke and Steve with Slap Shot, Photo: Brian Boog


Steve Risteen on tour with Slap Shot, Hamburg Germany 1991, Photo courtesy of: Steve Risteen

7 comments:

Marko said...

i was wearing a vintage slap shot tee shirt earlier tonight.

Velha escola Nova escola said...

Steve Risteen was one of the best guitarists of Slapshot . Hugs .

163 said...

choke still straight?

Anonymous said...

I saw you play at City Gardens and you had guitar/amp problems then too. You had a fit like a baby and walked off stage. At least Gang Green played a full set.

steveslapshot said...

Thanks to Marko & Velha !!! Yeah more or less to 163.
Anonymous: yes i remember that show very well!! yes i did act like a baby my guitar kept fucking up and i got upset throw it at Hank and drop kick all my amps before i walked off stage! them almost to into a fight with Chuck from Gang Green because his shit was behiend mine! (I was later in a band with Chuck) the funny part was Chris from Gang Green telling me it was one of the coolest things he seen LOL.Maybe if Gary was there again it would not have happened !LOL

kamagra said...

Yeah that day was awesome, I start very soft that day i remember but in a few minutes everything explodes abd everyones rise their hands and the show start it.

pharmacy said...

what a great band! this post makes me feel so nostalgic!