Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Amenity - "Shine"

Shine from Amenity on Vimeo.



I've been a big fan of San Diego's Amenity since first hearing them back in the late 80's. I've also known Amenity's front man, Mike Down, since the early 90's and he's always been a stand up guy with a deep and sincere passion for music. When I heard Amenity were getting back together and playing the San Diego Radio Silence book release party, I was trying to figure out a way to be there for it. Unfortunately I couldn't make it happen for the San Diego show, but when word got out that they were going to be playing the No For An Answer reunion, I knew I couldn't miss that. In the end Amenity did not play the No For An Answer reunion, but considering they're back together again, hopefully I'll get that chance to see them sooner or later.

In the meantime, here's a new song and a brand new video from Amenity. I for one thought it was pretty damn cool and have to thank Anthony Popalardo over at Radio Silence for bringing this to my attention. Hopefully I can help bring it to the attention of a few more. Shine... -Tim DCXX

6 comments:

Ben Edge said...

Sal Barbier does the best airwalks. He does nose grab frontside 360 variel airwalks.

gopa kisora said...

Good song and video. Would love to see this band and also Forced Down.
Donger is the man!

Cheesegrater said...

Great song, incredible video. Mike D's girl is hot.

Joey said...

some of the best guys I've ever met in hardcore. It's been a long time, but I miss those guys.

Carey said...

Did anybody else feel that maybe this wasn't such a good idea? This song pales in comparison to the 1990 "This is Our Struggle" era, and seems to me to come off as almost desperate. I don't know; it's hard for me to take Mike D seriously when a look at his MySpace page shows photos of him smoking blunts and rolling around on a bed with a scantily-clad woman.

I do agree with gopa that a Forced Down reunion could be sweet.

SFader said...

Holy crap I think that's the House of Suffering 7' playing quietly in the beginning. I like the trunk full of San Diego HC history, way cool. I was pretty stoked, up until he started talking then rapping. The whole LL Cool J rap homie vocals just seem too fake. Too bad. I thought this might be cool considering they've had all this time to improve what was once pretty good. I always say, do what you want. But I won't watch that again and now I'm not so bummed I missed the recent shows.