Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why Be Something That That You're Not

Photobucket
Now I know you are all well aware of Tony Rettman's "Why Be Something That You're Not" book on the Detroit Hardcore scene of 1979-1985, but are you also aware of the blog he's got going? In the case that you missed it, do yourself a favor and get over there now. Tony's been featuring a ton of great tidbits that did not make the book and loads of heavy hitting mid west hardcore content in general. As a matter of fact, he just dropped a killer entry today on the short lived BURP! Fanzine that was done by Negative Approach frontman John Brannon and Necros drummer Todd Swalla between 1981 and 1982. So like I said, check it out and don't forget to pick up the a copy of "Why Be Something That You're Not", due out July 6th, 2010 from Revelation. Do it. -Tim DCXX

http://wbstyn.blogspot.com

Photobucket

12 comments:

death to false hardcore said...

HAHAHA IS PRETTY FUNNY HOW METALLICA GETS MORE VIEWS THAN TRUE HARDCORE BANDS. NEGATIVE APPROACH, THE GREATEST BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Harley.

OG CRO MAG HARLEY FLANAGAN said...

YO IM JUST SAYIN JOHN AINT THE CRO MAGS PARRIS YEAH WHATEVER I GOTS SOME BEEF WITH HIM BUT NIGGA WAS NASTY AND KNEW HOW TO PLAY,,,NOT LIKE THIS FAKE SHIT JOHN IS DOIN, I DO JIUJITSU AND I GOT KIDS BUT IM JUST SAYIN NEGATIVE APPROACH WAS A REAL HARDCORE BAND NOT LIKE JOHNS VERSION OF THE FAKE MAGS LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

Priceless.

Premature ejaculation pills said...

That concert was very good and Metallica was very appreciated.

Best weight loss pills review said...

good post....really good to see such an awesome post on music....
thanks...

Vimax Increase low semen volume pills said...

Hey!! I liked the DCXX shirt alot. Its amazing and very attractive. The concert seems to be amazing. Wish We were there!

Provillus hair loss medicine said...

nice pictures and i totally agree with you

Hcg weight loss said...

Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

Hcg weightloss said...

A very nice informational blog.Keep on making such important blog post.Your work is really being appreciated by some one.

find doctor list said...

I will definitely post a link to this post on my website. I’m positive my followers will find this article really useful.

Classified Ads Punjab said...

This is such a terrific and useful topic that you’re shared with. I’m satisfied by the way you brought out ideas. Thanks for sharing