Thursday, January 15, 2009

Remember The Anthrax?


Wide Awake at The Anthrax, Chris Daily with the sing along, Photo: Brian Boog

Double Cross friend and occasional contributor, Chris Daily, is in the very early stages of putting together a book based on the history of the famed Connecticut club, The Anthrax. Chris made the announcement yesterday through message board posts and an email blast, but I thought it would be a good idea to post his message up here as well. Check out Chris's message, the site and keep an eye out here on DCXX for further posts regarding this project. -Tim DCXX


Some of you may remember me and some of you will have no clue. My name is Chris Daily, and I used to do a few zines (Skate Confusion and Smorgasbord) back in the 80's, as well as a record label. The first release was a comp 7" recorded with Jeff R in the Anthrax on 01/24/1988.


The Anthrax Club was a place that we all spent a lot of time at. A club that brought live music into our lives at a crucial point in our adolescence. The bands that played there, the photos we all have seen, the flyers and the genius booking schedules…amazing.

For years I have thought about doing a book that would document the history and the excitement we all felt. 2009 brings that desire to a head. In talking with the owners, Shaun and Brian Sheridan, we agreed; a book is a great idea. They are on board and pulling things out of storage. You have no idea how excited I am.

Without wasting any more of your time, I'd like to direct you to a web page announcing the project. I have spoken to a few of the old regulars but I want to document every one's experience. Please take a look at the page, I am searching for anything you may have or remember that will make the story of the Anthrax Club more complete.

Anthrax Club Book

I hope to hear from you soon. -Chris Daily


Circle Storm at The Anthrax, Photo: Jeff Ladd

No comments: