Tuesday, May 31, 2011

WHERE ARE THEY NOW - Jeff Banks / Visual Discrimination, Chorus Of Disapproval

Photobucket
Jeff Banks with The Chorus

Graduated from UC Berkeley and then studied law with the Jesuits at
Creighton. Moved to Las Vegas wanting to get into professional boxing promotion. Interviewed with Top Rank and got denied. Worked as a bookmaker's clerk at a Horse Race Book until I passed the bar. Spun my wheels in private practice at a firm and did criminal defense under the radar for the indigent. Became a public defender in Las Vegas and have not looked back.

I defend the class of people who simply cannot defend themselves. Poor, illiterate, many times hated underdogs. Many people from the HC years don't get it and are appalled by the work. I've found that most people from the HC years do get it (especially those who have listened to "Police Story" (Dez version), a thousand times). I now handle strictly murder cases, both death penalty and non-death penalty, and the occasional high profile molest or rape case.

These days I record from time to time with a punk band called the Leavenworth Men's Glee Club and mountain bike all over Nevada and California when I can.


Photobucket
Jeff getting swarmed by reporters and cameras

13 comments:

Jim Pitts said...

Super Cool to see! Jeff was a fun, great guy to be around in the late 80's. I can't see how anyone could ever hate on someone for the defense of anyone! :)
Just my 2 cents!

Anonymous said...

Great dude.

Anonymous said...

awesome all the way, banks rules

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD SOMEONE TURN THE AUTO-PLAY OFF ON THE DESCENDANTS VIDEO!!! EVERY TIME I COME TO DXC THAT GIRL'S AWEFUL VOICE CUTS ME IN HALF!!!!

Anonymous said...

thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! CHORUS!!!! FULL CIRCLE STOMP!!!!!MORE WHAMMY BAR!!!!

Ben Edge said...

GREAT guy. I <3 Banks. Is that how you make a heart?

ngeary said...

Banks once killed a lion with his bare hands.

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing VXDX play at the Country Club in Reseda and there was just us ( a bunch of HS kids who were into SEHC) and a skin head gang of kids. Other than that, the place was empty.

Anonymous said...

Agreed re that Decendants vimeo. TURN IT OFF PLEASE!

Someone put XchorusX on the This is Hardcore lineup!

MRubin said...

Public Defender. That rules!

Burai Core D&D said...

"I AM THE LAW! ME!"

Jeremiah said...

In my view every person ought to look at it.
car dealerships in arlington tx | mattress stores atlanta | nj limo service