Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bad Brains @ The Ritz 12/27/1986


Every once in awhile we come across a video or collection of videos that we here at DCXX consider to be must see viewing. These Bad Brains videos right here fall directly into that category. Bad Brains from The Ritz in New York City, December 27th, 1986, with the Cro-Mags as an opener. As cliche as it may sound, this is one of those time machine worthy shows. Pure Bad Brains perfection and a crowd that is absolutely eating them up, dive after dive. Soak it in, hardcore's forefathers, arguably at their peek. -Tim DCXX


8 comments:

Navy Jim said...

The best years ever...period

Anonymous said...

It was a great show. I was there w/ all the Astoria Park guys. Leeway w/ Mackie on drums opened up. Good times.

DOUBLE CROSS said...

Did the Cro-Mags play this show? I thought they did, but I haven't seen or heard anyone mention them playing. -Tim DCXX

Lars said...

Seeing the Bad Brains at this show was completely life changing for me. Best band I've ever seen. Period. I've seen hundreds of bands/artists in the last 25 years and not much even comes close....

Tim- the openers were Nausea, Warzone, Leeway, and SNFU- not a bad line up!

The night before this at the Ritz was the Beastie Boys & Murphy's Law on the first night of the "Licensed to Ill" tour. Had to make a choice- no way I could sneak out to see both. I still feel I made the right decision!

Jah said...

Bloodcot Faggots.

Vintage Richmond said...

Amazing show, and I'm glad to see some videos from The Ritz finally showing up.

Was this the Warzone set with the crazy amount of dry ice?

Silvester said...

this site | check this | here | this page | there | check this | this site

this page | here | there | check this | this site | here | this page | there

here | this site | this page | there | check this | this site | here | this page

Lazarus said...

In my opinion everyone must look at it.
retro lingerie | Muslim baby names | museums in DC