Monday, January 16, 2012

The Youth Of Today - "Can't Close My Eyes" collection

Photobucket
The YOT - "Can't Close My Eyes" collection, including a test pressing, the "Crucial Times" cover, a standard Batman stamp pressing, first and second pressings and the 1 of 20 altered back cover version that was done at Dan O'Mahony's house by the YOT guys on the 1987 "Break Down The Walls" tour.

Back in early November I posted an entry on how I found the infamous Youth Of Today - "Crucial Times" cover, lying on the floor in my basement, after some construction had been done. Apparently a gold vinyl, Batman stamped 7" was in that sleeve at some point as well. Tonight, while digging for a copy of the Pushed Aside demo for a friend, I found the Batman stamped YOT 7" leaning up against a pile of stuff that the construction workers must have put aside. Again, my assumption is that this 7" got stacked away in a pile and while the construction was going on in my basement, it literally must have gotten shook lose and fallen to the floor. Luckily for me, nothing was damaged.

After finding this gold vinyl Batman stamped version of the "Can't Close My Eyes" 7", I of course packed it away with the "Crucial Times" cover, but also took a minute to shoot some photos of my entire Youth Of Today - "Can't Close My Eyes", Positive Force collection. I'm still working on bringing a Some Records pressing into the collection, but hopefully that's coming soon. -Tim DCXX

Photobucket
A "Can't Close My Eyes" test pressing, the "Crucial Times" cover and vinyl and a standard Batman stamp press "Can't Close my Eyes".

11 comments:

our shop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben Edge said...

Jeez. You should take better care of your records, Tim. Who knows? Some day they may be worth something.

Anonymous said...

Seriously!!??? You just let guys doing work on your house move your records around?????? Like "oopsy, a Cant Close My Eyes must've just fallen out while some dude covered in drywall dust, wearing vinyl-crushing timberlands was moving it" ???? AND I thought i was bad with my valuables!

DOUBLE CROSS said...

No, no, I don't let anyone touch my records, I think you're missing something, read the original entry on how I found the "Crucial Times" cover. The point is, I had no idea I even owned the record.

http://doublecrosswebzine.blogspot.com/2011/11/youth-of-today-crucial-times-7.html

J$ said...

I wish the record fairy would drop off records at my house.

Pork said...

Terrible record. Who gives a rat fuck?

Ray said...

no one cares...

Anonymous said...

Wow, like i really believe this story.... You forgot to mention all the money that you spent on them - but i'm sure to go with your story - you bought them back in the day... yeah, yeah

Anonymous said...

My story: I was just dusting my window sills the other and oh my gosh... I found a Judge "Chung King" #99 - Must of been sitting there since the early 90's... haha Lucky me- I guess.

Anonymous said...

I think i just busted a HC nut!

price per head service said...

Great site!!! this information really helped me