Friday, January 6, 2012

BOLD live at the Safari Club, Washington, DC 1989


Matt, Tim, Drew, Tom and Porcell at the Safari Club in Washington, DC, 1989. Terrible audio and video quality, but god damn... this is BOLD in their prime. A wall of heavy guitars and a rhythm section that delivered the thunder to perfection, plus ad the fact that Matt had really come into his own by this point. Seeing videos like this reminds me exactly why these guys rate as one of my favorite live bands ever. -Tim DCXX

7 comments:

101generic said...

Fantastic party! I also want to visit this safari club!

XtimtonicX said...

BOLD´s LOOKING BACK IS ONE OF MY FAV. GYM-WORKOUT-SONGS!

adam said...

this was right around the time they played in Boston and CT with GB. It was just before the last 7inch came out and before the GB LP so not everyone knew the new songs and was diving/jumping for the mic so you got to actually hear most of the songs. You're the friend I don't need is a great intro song and they opened the Anthrax show with it also.

101generic says the darndest things said...

Fantastic party is right!

Tommy C said...

I thought the final 7inch was an awesome record when it was released, and still rate it as one of the best releases from that era....mature somgwriting with great lyrics and finally a top production job which was sorely missing on their Lp. Nice to hear the 7" tracks played live, despite the rough quality it's still a nice document of this legendary band.

Anonymous said...

it was an awesome show...I loved the Safari....DCHC

price per head service said...

I wonder why I did not knew this before.... it was a good read. You are working on a very good blog.. I look forward to visit your blog again....