Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7 Seconds poll reviewed plus Kevin Seconds Test of Time album

Photobucket
Classic era 7 Seconds, Photo: Joe Henderson

Looks like "Skins, Brains and Guts" won by a whopping 6 votes, not quite the blow out poll that we're used to here at DCXX. I went with "Skins" as well, could have gone with "Committed For Life", but for whatever reason, a few of the tracks off "Skins" were stuck in my head and that's where my vote went.


7 Seconds are a band that we haven't talked about enough here on DCXX, but in terms of importance and where they rate on my personal list, they are way up there. As cliche as it may sound, few bands bleed positivity like 7 Seconds. The fact of the matter is that they heavily influenced just about every single one of my favorite hardcore bands and have left a lasting impression on so many individuals. Our hats go off to Kevin and the boys. - Tim DCXX

7 Seconds - "Skins, Brains and Guts" 116
7 Seconds - "Committed For Life" 110
7 Seconds - "Blasts From The Past" 19


Photobucket
Steve Youth and Kevin Seconds, Photo: Joe Henderson

With the continuation of our running entry on What hardcore/punk album has stood the test of time for you, Kevin Seconds had this to say…

Kevin Seconds - 7 Seconds

All of the stuff Minor Threat did, for sure. There was something so insanely fresh and sharp about the production quality of those EPs, despite it being recording on 4 or 8 tracks. Everything was just raw, tough and punchy sounding and it didn't sound like anything else. Still doesn't.

I know an EP isn't an album but they all were bunched up and released as an album so...screw it.


Photobucket

7 Seconds at City Gardens, Photo: Ken Salerno

4 comments:

ROA. said...

In the first picture? That is me in the Necros shirt.

Unknown said...

This is poignant for me being I've had 7 Seconds stuck in my head the past couple of days.

Anonymous said...

We tried to cover Strength off of Walk Together Rock Together for our live show. Never got there...I got outvoted and we went with Cro-Mags "Life On My Own". Can't really lose either way.

Tim said...

Kevin manages to seem upbeat and energetic through all these years. 7 Seconds on The Crew tour at SDSU was one of the best sets I've ever seen a band play.