Sunday, September 25, 2011

Orange County Hardcore Scenester


In the early part of the 2000's Dan O'Mahony and myself were driving to the movies to see a double feature of THE PERFECT STORM and ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE. Well, it may not have been that combo of films but we went to the movies a good amount during that time. On one of these trips I told him about how I wanted to make a documentary on the 1990's Orange County Hardcore scene but I was coming up with reasons not to do it. There was the time factor, the finding footage factor, the editing factor (at this point I don't even think I had an editing system in my home!), etc.

He told me regardless of all that I should still make the film.

Flash forward a decade and I have made a documentary on 1990's hardcore titled ORANGE COUNTY HARDCORE SCENESTER. Is it definitive? No. Was it ever intended to be? Never. This documentary is just that: a document.

Albeit, a highly personal one that goes in many directions and, at times, lingers on events that yours truly was particularly effected by.

At present I have sent OCHS to a few festivals and I am about to start showing it to distributors. Once I have a better idea of how this movie is going to be released, I will start re-editing it for that purpose. It should be available in the next 6-12 months.

Looking back now, I think Dan O' pushed me towards making this movie as we drove to see ROMEO MUST DIE in Anaheim. I might be wrong … but sometimes being wrong makes for a better story.

Best,
Evan Jacobs
Anhedenia Films
www.anhedeniafilms.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WILL BUY the dvd!

MCS

Anonymous said...

Uniform Choice V-Neck!

Anonymous said...

What song is that?

Anonymous said...

sounds like a HEADFIRST jam from "the enemy" lp.. can't remember the title offhand.

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see this.

Let us ask Mark Holcomb what he thinks of it!

Anonymous said...

Relive the 1990's? No thanks, I'm quite happy right here, what is the point of being nostalgic about 3rd wave straight edge bands when there's bands around now that would blow them offstage without even trying!!!
I'm 42 and lived through hardcore in the 80's and 90's and 00's and it's better today than it ever has been. Too many people on here live in the past, get with the times!!!

Anonymous said...

Insted "We are not going to stick around, milk it." Somebody start the Unbroken intro!

mooney said...

This looks amazing.

xlpharmacy said...

Your article write very well.Woo! This is a good article and offer some helpful information for me,thank you!