Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WHERE ARE THEY NOW - Djinji Brown/Absolution

Photobucket
Djinji with Absolution at the Pyramid, NYC 1988, Photo: Lenny Donghia

We did an in-depth interview with him a couple years back, but here's what Absolution's Mr. Brown is up to today in case you missed it. -Gordo DCXX

It's incredible to me how the fabrics of NYHC have stayed with me long after I stopped wearing the uniform. That's exactly the beauty of it, seeing how that experience is still making its presence known in my daily life.

Presently today I work at South Florida Boxing on South Beach in Miami. I am a personal trainer and boxing/kickboxing/self defense instructor. As well I've kept up with my musical pursuits over the years in many different ways as producer, engineer, rapper, and DJ.

I am the father to an incredible 14 year old daughter, she is my PRIDE and JOY!!!

Yet being an instructor is just as Jay Krakdown said, "a childhood dream come true," and 20 plus years later I'm still in front of a crowd of sweaty people screaming at them to "stop standing still and move that ass!!!" From the mosh pit to the dance floor to the gym floor it seems I'm still on a stage and at almost 41 life is the best it's ever been.

And I wish all the best to all of you. -Djinji Brown

Photobucket
Djinji Brown 2011, Photo courtesy of: Djinji

5 comments:

BGK said...

Whoa. And that's a crazy picture of Djinji...

William Patrick Wend said...

Condolences to Djinji on the loss of his father a few months ago. Marion Brown is one of my favorite jazz musicians, whether his solo records, impressive on their own, or work as a sideman with John Coltrane, Archie Shepp, etc.

Anonymous said...

"The abc's of hardcore. Absolution, Bad Brains and Cro Mags." One of the best quotes ever.

Anonymous said...

whats up with this new Absolution stuff?

julian said...

haha he works right next to me