Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rollins Band at Missippi Nights, St. Louis, 6/3/1987



Classic Rollins Band, 1987 "Life Time" era, heavy, hard and ready to destroy anything and everything in their path. I actually caught them on this tour here in Trenton, it was my first show, they played with the Descendents and MIA. What a way to kick off 24 years of punk rock. If you dig these videos, follow the links to YouTube, the entire set is up there and broken down, song by song. Part Animal Part Machine -Tim DCXX





6 comments:

xBurningxFightx said...

Hey Tim, I'd be shitting in my pants in front of that guy for a first gig... how old were you back then ?

DOUBLE CROSS said...

I was 13 and trust me, I was scared. I wasn't all that scared of Henry though, it was more so the crowd that was intimidating to me. Everyone that surrounded me seemed to be about 10 years older a foot taller and ready to kick ass. -Tim DCXX

Anonymous said...

sick!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great - thanks for posting! The wildest live act in the late eighties - ever. They were even better on the ´88 tour. Black Flag, Bl´ast, Rollins Band. What a great time for music. Robo.

Tim said...

Rollins back then was unstoppable. I didn't catch him live until the early 90s at City Gardens, but this music still holds up as something that really changed my life.

Being a kid and going to City Gardens was exciting and frightening at the same time. I remember my first shows there (Sick of It All, Bad Brains, 7 Seconds) and being totally scared of the crowd. We'd edge into the pit only to have some guy twice our size level us within seconds. The cool thing about Rollins was that he would call the tough guys out and make us feel like someone had our back for a bit.

tablet pc barato said...

Oh my god, there is a great deal of worthwhile data above!