Monday, March 22, 2010

What one hardcore/punk album has stood the test of time for you?


Jason with Count Me Out, Photo: Christina Garcia

Jason Mazzola - Count Me Out / Cloak & Dagger


Damaged by Black Flag was and will always be the blue print for almost every punk or hardcore band to live up to. Aggressive, honest, raw and as real as it can get. It flows from start to finish perfectly and I don't think I have ever listened to this record and not played it all the way through in the past five years. The cover, the bars, the fist, the glass, Greg Ginn's guitar playing, the anger and sarcasm Rollins has in his voice sound just as fresh today as it did when I first heard it. Everything from the art work to the music is timeless, a classic now and forever even if the TV shows have changed.



Patrick Longrie in Barcelona Spain, 2010, Photo courtesy of: Patrick Longrie

Patrick Longrie - Uniform Choice


Rites of Spring LP gets my vote. It combined the power of hardcore music with vibrant, thought provoking lyrics...." Time heals all wounds they say, but the self-inflicted ones won't just fade away...and in these tides of shifting blame, why are surprised to see your name? " Speaks to me today as clearly as 20 some odd years ago...maybe clearer.


Big Frank with Carry Nation, Photo courtesy of: Frank Harrison

Big Frank Harrison - Carry Nation - Nemisis Records

I am gonna go way old school and say the first Ramones LP. Those songs are timeless to me and of course the first Minor Threat 7" because of lyrical content, hits me just as hard now as when I first heard it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

would have never guess UC drummer to pick rites of spring. weird, but super cool.

William Patrick Wend said...

Wow, Christina Garcia...that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. Used to talk to her all the time waaaay back when.

shem said...

youre into vw's. come follow my blog at koooge.blogspot.com

or follow me on facebook at:
vw hippy girl jewelry and more