Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A day in the life of Rollins Band



In the wake of this past weekend's Rollins entry, I stumbled upon this mini documentary on the Rollins Band that was featured on MTV's Buzzcut in the early 90's. I had never seen it before and thought it was kind of interesting and well worth a post. I also dug up this early live set from the 9:30 Club in DC. This video does a damn good job documenting just how good Rollins Band was, particularly with the line up of Rollins, Chris Haskett on guitar, Andrew Weiss on bass and Sim Cain on drums. Luckily I was able to catch the Rollins Band in their prime between 1987 and the very early 90's and I gotta say, they destroyed every time. Don't get stuck in the wreckage… -Tim DCXX

6 comments:

Jason Powell said...

This line up of Rollins Band was so amazing! Seriously some of my favorite music, glad to see it up here.

Chris Neckdeep said...

I caught him a bunch at the 9:30 in DC. They always destroyed. In addition, his spoken word shows during this period were less comedy and more anger and pain...which were also great. I fondly remember that time in my life...

Billy said...

Anytime you're ready Sim Cain

Anonymous said...

Namedropper.

Anonymous said...

man...say what you want about rollins...but dude is hard. that shit was intense...im ready to go get in a fistfight.

Burai Core D&D said...

Its funny, at the time I liked Rollins Band but didn't consider them to be hardcore... Now they sound more hardcore than 99% of the bands that have come since.