Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Breed Website - 20 Years after the fact!


Hey DCXX readers, I wanted to take a minute and plug the website I've just set up for the New Breed tape, a compilation of 20 NYHC bands that I did with my good friend Chaka Malik, 20 years ago. This is a place where you can download the tape and booklet at no charge. There will also be a "Where are they now" Updates page, a flyer/photo/stickers gallery and recollections plus later on maybe Video and Live/Demo links. It's all still a work in progress so I appreciate any ideas or suggestions for the site. If any band members are reading this, please get in touch so that we can update your info. If any one has any problems downloading it, let us know and please sign the guestbook! Thanks for reading and the support,

Here's the link www.newbreedtapecomp.com.

- Freddy Alva


Porcell dives during Breakdown at CBGB, Photo: Ken Salerno

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

From August of '87 until January of 2007, I listened to nothing but cassettes in the 4 cars that I drove during that period, so for that reason, they have a special place in my heart and always will. I haven't heard the New Breed tape comp yet but I am glad to see that the creators of it made a website for it in celebration of it's 20th anniversary.

R.I.P. cassettes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks man! Awesome comp!

Anonymous said...

I like this comp even more than The Way It Is or Where the Wild Things Are. This website is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

for a guy who makes a comment in every single post on this HARDCORE webzine, you should be pretty embarrased that you haven't heard the new breed tape comp yet'. it's only been out 20 years and is an absolute necessity if you aren't a poser. but man ice is awesome, and did you know there is a hardcore reunion this weekend??????!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
I have only the cd version of the New Breed comp that was put out in the 90's, but not the actual original cassette...even though I am on the fucker!

MCS
(Direct Approach - bassist)

Rinjo Njori! said...

Depsipite off the drama I am glad to check it our again.

Anonymous said...

[509]
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Well, that didn't take very long, dis it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we went over the bandwith, we'll have back up by tonight. Please bear with us!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I still have my cassette copy I bought all those years ago in my tape box! I'll have to pull it out and see if it still plays.

Anonymous said...

Can someone please post the complete tracklisting, for some reason when i downloaded the songs they came up in a weird order and all under "new breed tape complilation" instead of the actual song names.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok, the Website is back up, we just got slammed with Downloads! If it happens again, just check in the following day & we'll have it back up. Never ending game...

Anonymous said...

never ending game is one of the better hc songs. if you don´t know it. you don´t know the core.

Anonymous said...

Freddy can you please post the tracklisting?
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The complete tracklist will be up & available when you download it, by tomorrow (the 21st.). Try back then & if that doesn't work, I'll e-mail you the tracklist myself!