Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coming soon: The Revelation Files


Original GI Joe photo used for a Revelation GI Joe shirt

My recent west coast weekend trip yielded some great material for Double Cross and I've been working on and off trying to compile a wrap up entry for the past week, but it's been a quite the challenge. So many things jammed into a long weekend and so much of it I'd like to document here. Because of this I thought it would be a good idea to drop a "Coming soon" type entry to fill the readers in on one of the highlights from the weekend.

On the last day of my trip I ended up spending a handful of hours over at Rev HQ. With the help of Igby, Larry and Jordan, I was directed towards a bunch of folders and portfolio cases that were packed with elements from the early Revelation release layouts. I literally took hundreds of photos and all will find their way on to DCXX, but I wanted to at least give you a taste of whats to come. - Tim DCXX


Original photo of Lukey Luke that was used on the B side label of the Gorilla Biscuits 7"


Original cut and paste layout for the Side By Side lyric sheet


Before deciding on the name Revelation, a Schism label for the Warzone 7"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Tim. Perhaps a Flickr page for all the photos is in order?

AP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AP said...

Feel free to thank Nate and I for organizing all that shit haaa. The files were loosely organized when we went there but we spent a full day getting it tight, we left everything in the cabinet and the gems in a pile, we came back like six months later and nothing had moved...kind of incredible!

Isaac Golub said...

Finally on some west coast jock!!! just kidding kids!!!

Great having you here and great seeing you at the show Sunday!!!

Cant wait to read your piece and get reamed in the comment section.

Love, Ike

Chazcore said...

Awesome pictures Tim!
I can't wait to see more!

chad said...

this is gonna be great.. can't wait to see more. these kinda things are what made the Radio Silence book so awesome.