Thursday, July 31, 2008

Arthur Smilios - Gorilla Biscuits, CIV


Arthur playing with CIV, Photo: Traci McMahon


This is part of an ongoing piece where we asked various people from bands over the years what they recall as the most memorable show they ever played (or attended, if they were never in a band), and why. What is posted here is only a sliver of what is to come, so be sure to check back. -DCXX


Wow, my answer is probably influenced by the fact that it was more recent, but I'd have to say the CBGB benefit in August, 2005. First, I never would have believed I'd ever share a stage with those four guys again. That we were doing something on behalf of a place where I'd spent the better part of my adolescence/young adulthood, whose closure was imminent certainly added to the emotion. It was a special confluence of events that made it so memorable.


I also look fondly on the second Warped Tour, with Rocket From the Crypt...amazing band and a great group of people.

Any of the early shows with Youth of Today (one of the best bands, ever) would also qualify, as well as the Quicksand/CIV tour in late '95.

1 comment:

kamagra said...

I think this kind of music is wonderful when I was in the high school I used to listened this band and this kind of rock!! Thanks for sharing bye-bye!22dd